Our products are available at some of the finest restaurants and grocers in Lincoln County and the surrounding area, including: The Saffron Salmon, Zach’s Bistro, The Bay House, Hearth and Table , del Alma, First Alternative Co-Op, and the Yachats Farm Store
Our pasture raised chickens start out in brooders that keep them warm, separated from their waste, watered and fed wholesome feed that has no chemicals, preservatives, or drugs added. When they are old enough, they are put in movable pens in the fields. They are moved every night, so that they are on clean grass and have room to move around and enjoy their environment. In the field, the chickens are able to take in up to 30% of their nutrition from the grass – we provide the other 70% by supplementing them with a combination of brewer’s grain from the Rogue Brewery and a custom feed blend that is milled for us at Union Mills Feed in Mulino, OR.
The feed is a proprietary blend that was designed for us by an animal nutritionist to give us the best quality bird that we can offer. We have asked the mill to use the most local grain that is available to ensure the highest quality and nutrition possible. There are no chemicals, hormones or drugs in any of the feed used for our chickens or any of our other products.
You will find that our chicken has superior flavor, is very low in fat content, and offers that wonderful texture that only pasture raised chicken can give. You won’t be disappointed. And best of all, our chickens are raised in a humane, stress free environment.
Our turkeys are pasture-raised, antibiotic and hormone free turkeys. We receive our turkey poults (chicks) from a local hatchery on the same day they hatch. They are promptly taken back to the farm and put into the brooders where they live until they are old enough and have developed enough feathers to protect them from the elements. When they are around 10- weeks old they are taken out to the fields where they spend the rest of their days chomping on lush pasture and lounging in the summer sun.
Turkeys are able to take up to 50% of their nutrition from the grass – we provide the other 50% by supplementing them with a combination of brewer’s grain from the Rogue Brewery and a custom feed blend that is milled for us at Union Mills Feed in Mulino, OR.
Lambs are born on the farm and raised in the pastures all their lives. Our lambs are completely grass fed and finished, eating grass from the pastures in the summer months which is supplemented with high quality hay in the winter. This results in a mildly flavored tender meat, unlike the gamey taste that many associate with lamb. Our lamb is available in most standard cuts, as well as a variety of sausage flavors and our extremely popular lamb pepperoni. Lamb is available by the cut at various farmers’ markets every weekend. Sorry, we are not currently able to sell half or whole lambs.
Our hogs are all born on farm, sired by our Berkshire boar, Socks. We have three sows, Curly Sue, Pinkie, and Blackie, and a gilt named Tuba (she will become a sow after her first litter is born). Piglets are born throughout the year and housed on the farm until they reach butcher size – this helps us ensure that we do not run out of pork to sell. All of our pork is a minimum of 50% Berkshire. This results in well-marbled meat that is juicy, tender and flavorful. Their feed is a proprietary blend that was designed for us by an animal nutritionist to give us the best quality pork that we can offer. As with our chicken feed, we have asked the mill to use the most local grain that is available to ensure the highest quality and nutrition possible. There are no chemicals, hormones or drugs in any of the feed used for our hogs. Pork is available in a wide range of cuts, as well as a delectable variety of sausages and smoked products. You can get yours each weekend at one of the farmer’s markets we attend weekly. Sorry, we are not able to sell half or whole hogs at this time.